A tool to help me get my CT (Cold Thermogenesis) on in the middle of the day while I’m wrangling the 4 munchkins? Sign me up! We were so excited when Eric, the designer of the Cool Fat Burner, contacted us after seeing our blog post with a list of CT resources. Eric, very graciously supplied us with two Cool Fat Burners to try out and tell you about.
We have had a chance to check them out a little bit and are totally impressed. The cool fat burner is a vest, with a piece that drapes over your back and a piece that drapes over the front of each of your shoulders. There are two pockets in the front for ice packs and one large pocket in the back for an ice pack. These were designed to have ice packs covering areas of our body with the most concentrated amount of brown fat.
I appreciate quality, and these vests fit the bill. They aren’t going to be falling apart anytime soon. The Cool Fat Burner is sold for $59.99 on the website, and if you ask me is a bargain for those of us who are trying to get our cool on.
So, Luke and I have recently decided we need some CT goals, so we put a plan together. Without a plan, we tend to let these things slip. We haven’t been very good at CT through the summer and are really looking forward to getting back into it as the weather cools down.
The plan is…
- Wear our Cool Fat Burners at least 5 times a week for 2 hours
- Get in our pool submerged up to our neck at least 2 times a week for an hour.
- We will, of course, be pairing this with our standard ketogenic-Paleo diet and are expecting superb results.
We have taken measurements and will be reporting back every couple of weeks to tell you how our CT with our Cool Fat Burner is going!
For those that aren’t hip with the concept of CT, check out these posts:
- The Science Behind the Cool Fat Burner
- Resources on Cold Adaptation
- Supercharged Weight Loss: The Benefits of Cold (Part 1)
- Fire up Your Immune System: The Benefits of Cold (Part 2)
- Fighting Obesity, Diabetes, Big Appetites, & Infertility: Benefits of Cold (Part 3)